Joi makes a difficult decision between living the life her mother expected and defining life for her self.
This story was coached by Johanna Middleton and mixed and mastered by Miles Dotson.
About You Had Me at Black - You Had Me at Black is a storytelling movement reclaiming the black narrative by passing the mic to regular people with a story to tell. We do so through a weekly, seasonal podcast and live storytelling events.
Rule the world. Tell your story - Our mantra is, "those who tell stories rule the world." Tell yours at youhadmeatblack.com/tellastory
Join our movement - If you're looking for a community of activists and storytellers to exchange inspiration, work and resources, join us here: youhadmeatblack.com/facebook
- Apple Podcasts: www.youhadmeatblack.com/applepodcasts
- Spotify: www.youhadmeatblack.com/spotify
- Google: www.youhadmeatblack.com/google
- Stitcher: www.youhadmeatblack.com/stitcher
- YouTube: www.youhadmeatblack.com/youtube
Connect on social